A true bolt-on 3.5" turbo to tip race exhaust Crafted in premium 304 stainless steel and designed for 600+ horsepower. Minimal exhaust back pressure, fast turbocharger spool-up and maximum horsepower is guaranteed.
The APS DR Series 3.5" Turbo to Tip Race Exhaust is a true 3.5" internal diameter exhaust system through each and every section. By utilizing the latest technology precision mandrel bends with the smallest possible bend angles spread over the maximum possible length, optimum exhaust gas flow minimum exhaust back pressure is achieved.
By dissipating the hot exhaust gasses more efficiently, the APS DR Series race exhaust lowers the thermal load on vital engine components such as pistons, combustion chambers, valves etc., particularly at high horsepower levels. Another significant benefit of the DR Series race exhaust is better transfer of exhaust gas energy to the turbocharger which results in faster turbocharger spool-up and more efficient turbocharger operation at high power levels.
A great deal of development effort has also been put into accentuating a deep engine note - this exhaust is not for the faint hearted and guaranteed to excite!
The comprehensive APS DR Series 3.5" Turbo to Tip Race Exhaust system includes 3.5" internal diameter 304 grade down pipe, 304 grade 3.5" internal diameter intermediate pipe, Highly polished 304 grade 3.5" muffler and tip assembly, all mounting hardware, gaskets, stud, nuts etc. for easy installation.
NOTE: Installation of this exhaust system may affect exhaust emissions. Consequently, APS recommends this system be installed in vehicles intended for off-road or competition use only.
APS DR Series 3.5" Race Exhaust System - Design Criteria
High power, Great Sound.
- Must produce high power, have extremely low back pressure, deep engine note, have acceptable NVH at cruise speeds between 30 - 100 mph.
Engine/Down Pipe 3.5"
- The Engine/Down pipe is manufactured in 304 grade stainless steel. Tube size is 3.5", exhaust flanges 304 stainless steel.
- Objective crisp turbocharger response, high gas flow, reduced back pressure and long service life.
Intermediate Pipe 3.5"
- The intermediate pipe is manufactured in 304 grade stainless steel. Tube size is 3.5", exhaust flanges 304 stainless steel.
- Objective high gas flow, reduced back pressure and long service life.
Tail Pipe & Rear Muffler
- 3½ pipe into rear single muffler with a no-nonsense 4½" stainless steel tip.
- Complete assembly including exhaust flanges 304 stainless steel. Tig welded.
- Objective: high gas flow, low exhaust back pressure, high power, deep engine note.
APS Exhaust System Testing
- Produces 600+ hp with less than 1/2 PSI total exhaust back pressure.
- Good NVH at cruise speeds of 30 - 100 mph.